Position: Associate Manager, Ride for Heart VIP
Reports to: Campaign Manager, Ride for Heart
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Would you like to join the sales team of Canada’s largest charity cycling, running and walking events and work at one of Canada’s most influential not for profit organizations? Do you have proven sales experience, strong interpersonal skills and a desire to be part of a strong team dedicated to helping end heart disease and stroke?
The role of the Associate Manager, Ride for Heart VIP is to support the Campaign Manager in the effective delivery and development of the Ride for Heart program.
In this position, the incumbent will be responsible to lead and develop strategic alliances with key internal and external stakeholders to grow the number of VIP fundraisers (donors $1,000+) participating in the Ride for Heart event.
- Achieve $1.5> Million in revenue and required participant objectives for Ride for Heart VIP
- Identify and qualify potential new VIP fundraisers through research and development of key existing Ride for Heart participants
- Grow the VIP Team segment through networking and stewardship opportunities
- Plan and implement best approach strategies for effective solicitation of new VIP fundraisers including strategic networking, delivery of inspirational presentations, individual donor meetings, and regular follow up
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for cross Foundation engagement to steward in retention of VIP fundraisers
- Build and lead annual VIP engagement and stewardship plan
- Work with Community Engagement, Marketing and Ride Team to develop customized communications and support tools for VIP fundraisers
Human Resources Management:
- Lead the development of 1 direct report
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities
- Establish individual performance plans and objectives; provide coaching and feedback
- Evaluate performance on a regular basis ensure goals are on track.
- Familiarize and comply with all HSFC Human Resources management policies. Demonstrate the values and competencies of the Foundation
- Ensure accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, etc
- Lead the development and management of business plans, budgets and financial outlooks
- Ensure timely and accurate program administration
- Provide input and enhancement into the development of the annual VIP recruitment, cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Complete a detailed weekly review of metrics, revenue and key business indicators against budget and analyze and resolve variances
- Develop plans and tactics to support the growth of business
- Support Heart & Stroke in the development and implementation of new initiatives.
Education & Certificates
- College/University certificate/diploma or related field
Experience and Skills
- Sales and relationship building experience with proven results
- Previous experience managing relationships with high net worth individuals
- 3-4 years progressive fundraising experience with a proven track record of successful relationship and revenue development
- Strong data analytics, reporting skills
- Proven relationship building skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office; advanced excel knowledge
- Detail oriented;
- Own vehicle with ability to travel within GTA
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. Please also include your salary expectation in your cover letter.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
This job opportunity will remain posted until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.