Position: Associate Manager, Program Execution
Reports to: Manager, Program Development
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Fulltime Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a hyper-organized, solutions-oriented, and laser-focused candidate to:
• Lead the tactical execution of Canada's largest health and physical education fundraiser for kids, Jump Rope for Heart
• Support the planning and implementation of new strategies and tactics in the strategic renewal of third party events at Heart & Stroke (My Own Fundraiser)
• Drive operational efficiencies, hunt for cost savings, and propel a better participant experience across both fundraising programs
• Answer burning questions from the frontline team in the field across Canada, investigate the challenges they face, and implement solutions to support their success
This role will provide tactical program execution and administrative support for Jump Rope for Heart and third party events (My Own Fundraiser aka MOF) across the country. The ideal candidate is excited to further the Program Team’s goals of enhancing participant experiences, improving operational tools and support for internal teams, and optimizing efficiencies to reduce the costs of fundraising.
• Lead the planning and tactical execution of the Jump and My Own Fundraising annual program plans to support the successful delivery of all program targets
• Support the Manager, Program Development and Program Team by reviewing and updating various program materials along with obtaining necessary approvals and maintaining timelines (examples include training presentations, email content, website content, copy and other creative assets)
• Develop and coordinate annual program promotions including promotion prize, website setup, email communication, rules and regulations and fulfillment
• Develop how-to guides, video’s and support aids for successful program execution and provide input into the development of training materials for national webinars and regional training workshops
• Review processes related to execution of programs and identify opportunities to improve or increase efficiency
• Manage the allocation of printed materials to regional offices
• Support internal customer service inquiries regarding execution of programs
• Ensure internal SharePoint site is updated with current program resources and communicate to the field
• Develop program support resources for both internal and external audiences
• Manage MOF tournament request process, act as the liaison between the regional offices and website development team
• Provide input into program strategic plans, field training materials and website development
• Work cross-functionally with internal business units (ie - Purchasing and Marketing) to ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget
• Prepare reports necessary to help manage operations (ex. inventory levels and customer service emails)
• Manage the day to day external vendor relationships to ensure all project goals are met on time, on strategy and on budget
• Provide input into field training materials, including website training
• Support field staff queries and questions, escalate to Manager as necessary
• Lead and manage fulfillment process with the supply chain team including ideation sessions, data analysis, forecasting, prototyping, write-off’s, inventory refreshment and field communication
• Develop and run reports and conduct analyses as required
• Manage critical paths, including creative development, print and production, data management and other program execution needs
• Development of weekly team status reports
• Respond to requests from internal stakeholders, volunteers and donors
• Coordinate and execute weekly correspondence to the regional teams
• Monitor current year reports and identify areas for concerns and contingency opportunities
• Resolve questions coming from the field related to the Jump and MOF website
• 2-3 years related work experience
• 1-2 years of project management experience
Experience and Skills
• Proactively displays initiative and resourcefulness
• Highly organized and ability to manage multiple timelines to produce high quality work in a timely fashion
• Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service orientation
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
• Experience with database systems (Blackbaud CRM, Luminate Online TeamRaiser) would be an asset
• PC Knowledge – Word, advanced experience in Excel Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, GoToMeeting
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.