Position: Associate Manager, Intermediate Giving
Reports to: Senior Manager, Loyal Donors
Department: Lottery & Direct Marketing
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 30,000 volunteers and more than 1 million donors.
This role is responsible for developing, implementing and executing multi-year fundraising and marketing plans to drive Intermediate (mid-level) Giving. The role is responsible for all campaign planning and execution activities to increase revenue through a well-maintained and integrated fundraising program.
- Input into the annual and campaign planning process including vendor evaluation, tactical results and integration between other aspects of the donor journey.
- Support the multi-year fundraising and relationship strategy with tactical plans for the migration of donors within the mid- level giving range
- Build strategies to have relationships built and maintained with intermediate giving donors through personalized communications.
- Identify and cultivate new potential donors
- Work with Annual Giving and Major Gifts to develop special strategies for mutually beneficial donor migrations techniques and moves management
- Contribution to the development and management of budgets.
- Coordination, review, processing and tracking of all invoices, MSAs, SOWs
- Complete a detailed monthly review of spending against budget and ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting of expenses and analyze and resolve variances.
Campaign Planning and Execution
- Ensure the execution and implementation of the donor journeys
- Design and execute short term tactics and strategies for the portfolio including testing and analytics
- Through analytics, intimately understand the prospective donors and the triggers for response and reactivation and apply the learnings into development of tactics
- Continually drive to achieve a balance between effective and efficient tactics through constant and timely analytics
- Write briefs for agencies and internal partners including offline and online and donor journeys
- Manage the execution of all portfolio marketing initiatives, including critical path, budgets, production and stakeholder involvement/approvals.
- Ensure accurate communications through proofreading and coordinating approvals from stakeholders including translation and other departments and provinces.
- Schedule, review and provide final approval of all live data signoffs as they relate to campaigns.
- Participate in testing of digital materials (emails, landing pages, etc) to ensure proper tracking, implementation, link functionality, copy and creative implementation.
- Modify campaign plans, as necessary, based on real time results, market conditions and new learnings
- With Manager, prepare campaign post-mortem documents and presentations
- Liaise with suppliers and internal departments ensuring that executional needs for the program are met.
- Work with agencies/suppliers to leverage their expertise in developing compelling marketing communications and supporting program delivery
- Work closely with peers to ensure campaigns are seamlessly integrated with each other and messaging consistent
- Have input into list construction and who will be targeted
Stakeholder Engagement and Managing Relationship
- Build strong lateral relationships within Direct Marketing & Lottery team and with Community Engagement and Marketing & Communications departments to achieve alignment on fundraising goals, tactics and plans
- Build strong lateral relationships with Creative team to ensure consistent branding and messaging within overall Brand architecture
- Build strong lateral relationships with Mission team to ensure alignment on key funding priorities, mission-related information and breakthroughs
- Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience and strategic planning in an Online and offline context
- Analytical capabilities including database segmentation and ROI analysis; Must be able to read the data and construct the story
- Experience working with multiple external agency and creative partners
- Experience within a fast-paced environment involving multi-tasking and critical deadlines
- Web site and Ecommerce project management experience a plus
- Requires strong understanding of motivations/needs of donor groups
- Apply data segmentation to execute a strong program of customized messages
- Requires working with multiple stakeholders while working through complexities and ambiguity
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines
- Strong degree of comfort with ambiguity but able to translate into tactical programs
- Data driven thinker with ability to identify and respond to issues and opportunities in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to construct donor journeys across multiple touch points and channels
- Production experience including understanding of variable print
- PC Knowledge – Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple and competing demands on a consistent basis
- Proven success meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Strong interpersonal skills and a strong collaborator
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement
- Established ability to work with data and analytics to maximize response
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Self-initiative is a must.
- Flexibility and a very strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated success in Direct response and mid-level marketing
If you want to join the fight against heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply here with your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our foundation makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, visit our website or check out our latest posts on Twitter.