Position: Area Coordinator
Reports to: Area Manager, Stratford Region
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Community Engagement department is responsible for the development and delivery of the Foundation's fundraising programs and for the execution of health promotion programs province wide. The role of the Area Coordinator is to assist the Area Manager in the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada’s community based fundraising and health promotion initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. In addition the role is responsible to:
- Increase the profile of the Foundation as the authoritative voice on heart disease and stroke,
- Develop and maintain strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develop, maintain, and enhance strong business relationships
We are seeking a result driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the role of Area Coordinator, to work the Big Bike and P2P based in the Stratford Area office. Reporting directly to the Area Manager, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating and executing the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community and providing resources and awareness. With a desire for achieving program goals through partnership growth and executing strategy, your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a sales focused environment.
Business Management Accountabilities:
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of various fund-raising programs that may include Jump Rope for Heart, Heart & Stroke Big Bike, My Own Fundraiser,
- Third Party events and executing the Heart Month (Person to Person) Canvassing Campaign fundraising program
- Work with Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution that will include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution
- Promote HSFC’s image and mission as authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
- Work with the Area Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
Business Development Accountabilities:
- Assist Area Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
- Assist Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including meetings etc.
- Support Provincial Office in the development and implementation of new initiatives
People Management Accountabilities:
- Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support the Foundation
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs
- Revenue Responsibility
- up to>$300,000 with growth potential
- Geographic Territory:
- Perth, Huron, & Oxford Counties
- Working Environment Complexity: mixture of urban and rural communities
- Reporting Relationships:
- Relationships: 200+ Clients
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development and sales development
- Experience in sales and/or marketing, and/or not-for profit industry and/or health promotion
- Goal setting and achievement orientated
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- People management experience an asset
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows XP
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel;
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada