Position: Area Coordinator, Jump Rope for Heart
Reports to: Senior Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full Time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking a result driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the role of Area Coordinator, to work on the Jump Rope for Heart Program based in Toronto and reporting into the Toronto Area office. Reporting directly to the Senior Area Manager, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating and executing the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community and providing resources and awareness. With a desire for achieving program goals through partnership growth and executing strategy, your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a sales focused environment.
The role of the Area Coordinator is to assist the Sr. Area Manager in the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada’s community based fundraising and health promotion initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. In addition the role is responsible to:
- Promote the organization’s profile and mission,
- Develop and maintain strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develop, maintain, and enhance prospect development and strong business relationships.
Business Management Accountabilities:
- Creates initial contacts with community members (ie – Schools) with the goal of increasing presence by selling and promoting Heart & Stroke programs; liaising with current and potential contacts in order to maintain relationships and presence.
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of fundraising programs that may also include Jump Rope for Heart, Heart & Stroke Big Bike, Third Party events and executing the Heart Month (Person to Person) Campaign fundraising program.
- Promotes, coordinates and delivers programs; weekly and monthly reporting
- Work with Sr. Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event recruitment, maximization and execution that will include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution.
- Promote Heart & Stroke’s image and mission as authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
- Tracks program statistics and provides analysis of productivity, including analysis of revenue; develops and submits project plans and ongoing reports.
- Donation collection and processing; involves counting and reporting
- Work with the Area Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
People Management Accountabilities:
- Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support and meet fundraising goals.
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs; scheduling and training volunteers.
- Ensures effective volunteer cultivation, stewardship and follow-up to ensure the continued growth and success of programs.
Business Development Accountabilities:
- Assist Sr. Area Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships.
- Assist Sr. Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including coaching meetings, volunteer recognition and stewardship.
- Prioritizes, identifies and initiates contact with participants (current and new); including conducting warm and cold sales/presentations.
- Supporting the Toronto Area
- Fundraising revenue: $ 300,000
- Relationships: Multiple Stakeholders, Event Volunteers
- Competitive Challenge: diverse communities
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma;
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development and sales development;
- Experience in sales and/or fundraising, and/or not-for profit industry and/or health promotion;
- Experience with cold calling
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, while building and maintaining effective relationships
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and experience with public speaking
- Ability to anticipate and plan; problem solve and exercise sound judgment
- Goal setting and achievement orientated; time management skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills; ability to accurately enter data into a database program.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Flexible/adaptable; able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities.
- People management experience an asset
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel throughout service area
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.