Position: Administrator, Community Fundraising
Reports to: Manager, Community Fundraising
Department: Community Engagement
Status: Full Time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Are you an administrative professional who takes pride in delivering excellent customer service and wants to work with volunteers? We are looking for a customer service orientated individual to provide administrative, office and volunteer support services for the Toronto Area Office.
The Administrator, Community Fundraising is an integral part of the recruitment and development of volunteers. The Administrator, Community Fundraising contributes to the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke’s community based fundraising and health promotion initiatives.
The role supports and provides excellent customer service by ensuring that HSFC standards are maintained. Included in this role is a required knowledge of Foundation policies, procedures, programs and resources. The administrator delivers/explains the above with donors/volunteers/public/vendors and all internal stakeholders. The administrator provides support to volunteer and staff working groups including information delivery, and the tracking and follow-up of office and brand activity.
• Provides internal and external communication support (i.e. responding to telephone and walk in inquiries/donations, facilitating registration requests, liaising with provincial partners, responding to enquiries)
• Maintains a list of affiliated organizations and agencies and knowledgeable about the services they offer
• Represents HSFC with volunteers, donors, customers and general public in a professional and courteous manner
Finance and Administration:
The Administrator, Community Fundraising is responsible for key functional elements, ensuring through direct action or training of volunteers, correct financial entry, reporting and data management.
• Manages all financial activities related to community engagement (e.g. banking, daily cash log, cash management, income tax receipting, gifts in kind procedures, NSF Cheques) as per the Finance Department guidelines.
• Processes, tracks and monthly reconcile all operating and event expenses. Provides input into operating budget planning.
• Retains all pertinent financial records including tax receipts and banking information as per Finance Department guidelines
• Ensures accurate and timely data entry in Foundation CRM database as outlined by Data Standards
• Assists Manager, Community Fundraising in collecting data and preparing various monthly statistical and program evaluation reports.
• Processes all mail, parcels, orders and shipments
• Maintains centralized filing system (manual and computer)
• Maintains an appropriate inventory of HSFC materials and office supplies
• Support the telephone recruitment of volunteers and zone leaders for the Person to Person (P2P) canvassing campaign, track and update data and prepare canvassing kits for distribution
• Customer service relating to canvasser inquiries, recruitment and stewardship (thank you and midmonth calls)
• Provides administrative support to ensure success in the implementation of the Jump Rope for Heart program
• Implements the recruitment, orientation, training, direction, stewardship and recognition of volunteers
• Assesses volunteer skills and ensures volunteers are matched to appropriate tasks
• Provides necessary administrative support to volunteer Community Engagement committees
• Supervises volunteers, students/government placements in administrative capacities, ensures relationship is mutually beneficial and ensure required reporting is followed up on
• Maintains efficient and effective office systems and services
• Ensures all staff and volunteers receive adequate training and are knowledgeable about office systems, procedures and equipment
• Ensures a clean and professional office environment is maintained
• Completes regular data back up
The Administrator, Community Fundraising is responsible for the office, event and some program volunteers (recruitment, orientation, training, development, stewardship, recognition, deployment)
• Post-Secondary education with a combination of relevant experience as an administrator in a customer service industry
Experience and Skills
• 2-3 years customer service experience
• Bookkeeping or accounting experience (specifically knowledge of reconciling and budget monitoring)
• Volunteer development and management experience
• Previous fundraising, health promotion or not-for-profit experience is an asset
• Experience collecting, counting and depositing money
• Strong data entry experience; data management
• Proven ability to relate to and engage diverse groups of people.
• Experience with recruitment, training and leading/supervising volunteers/students
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service orientation
• Strong office administration and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to multi task with frequent interruptions
• Proven ability to manage high volume of workload: thrives in a busy office environment.
• Ability to prioritize; sense of urgency
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Exhibits high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
• Experience working with a CRM database and online fundraising platforms is a an asset
• Intermediate to Advanced PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
• During peak periods, evenings and weekend hours will be required.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.