Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Department: Social Enterprise - Activate
Status: Full-time, Contract
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The administrative assistant will support the Activate team in the planning and execution of all elements of the program, by enabling individual and team efficiency. They will be responsible for day-to-day data processing and research, coordination and scheduling or intake appointments, as well as corporate and program events.
Data Processing & Research
• Conduct basic research and inquiries for the department
• Research, verify and compile data and statistics for reports, presentations, meetings
• Be fully aware of on-going reporting activities and develop routines for updating and sharing information
Customer Service & Communication
• Assist in the execution of requests from team member, external stakeholders, and senior volunteers
• Respond to telephone inquiries; facilitate solutions to customer service and volunteer queries by liaising with team
• Act as a front-line contact for all Activate activities
• Process invoices and purchase orders
• Schedule, coordinate and make arrangement for corporate and program events
• Provide administrative and execution support to the team
• Maintain files for volunteer recruitment and management
• Bachelor’s degree
Experience and Skills
• Relevant experience in an administrative, customer service, event management role
• Preferably experience in healthcare, non-profit or fast-paced corporate
• Understanding the demands of fieldwork and experience with coordinating fieldwork or executing and coordinating events
• Detail orientation, accuracy and speed
• Planning and organizing
• Problem solving
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.