Position: Community Engagement Coordinator – Newfoundland and Labrador
Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for our Mission, enjoys sales/fundraising, connecting to volunteers and donors and who is goal and achievement oriented.
The Community Engagement Coordinator assists the Regional Director and Area Manager in the delivery of our community based fundraising initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. The Coordinator also:
- Increases the profile of the Foundation as the authoritative voice on heart disease and stroke,
- Develops and maintains strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develops, maintains, and enhances strong business relationships.
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals ($200k+) by leading the recruitment and execution of fund-raising programs like Jump Rope for Heart and Big Bike.
- Work with Regional Director and Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution that will include planning meetings, captain and team kick off events, orientation of volunteers, customer service and event day execution.
- Promote H & S image and mission as authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
- Assist Regional Director and Area Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
- Recruit, develop and manage a mix of volunteers to support programs
- College/University certificate/diploma
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development and sales development
- Experience in sales and/or marketing, and/or not-for profit industry and/or health promotion
- Goal setting and achievement orientated
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficient PC skills including with MS Office and Excel
- People management experience an asset
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required during peak periods
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until December 19, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.