Position: Associate, Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Corporate Partnerships/ Community Engagement
Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland
Status: 12 month full-time contract (maternity leave replacement)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Corporate Partnerships team’s mandate is to identify, develop and steward provincial and national corporate partnerships in support of the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s priorities. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Partnerships this position supports the cultivation and stewardship of strategic partnerships by managing day to day operations, providing administrative support to the Director, creating effective communication pieces, and working with both internal program owners and external partners focusing on sponsorship opportunities.
- Manages sponsorship critical paths clearly outlining the key sponsorship deliverables and the roles and responsibilities of the corporate partners and H & S teams
- Coordinates Workplace Giving campaigns, acting as a liaison with those corporations involved in the campaign and provides coordination of stewardship
- Supports the implementation of the Paperhearts campaign throughout the province by ordering materials, shipping to area offices and corporate stakeholders
- Ensures that the fulfillment requirements of all sponsorship agreements are met according to contracts
- Identifies opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships
- Integrates volunteers providing supervision, training and support
- Serves as a front line representative of the Heart and Stroke Foundation
Stewardship and Communications
- Collaborates with Corporate Partnerships team members to develop stewardship activities for corporate partners including communications, events, and advertising
- Works with the Senior Manager, Activation and Stewardship to develop a support plan and builds the processes, templates and tools for colleagues to effectively steward their partners
- Develops and enhances a mix of communication tools to support the corporate partnership team and their supporters
- Creates compelling and engaging communications including stewardship reports, thank you letters, newsletter articles, annual reports and other partner correspondence as required
- Translates Heart and Stroke mission activities into compelling stories that our corporate partners will understand and derive value from
- Provides administrative support to the Director
- Updates and maintains corporate information in the database
- Maintains Corporate Partnerships files and records
- Conducts research and prepares reports related to corporate partnerships
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, functions and events with corporate stakeholders
- Maintains records in a comprehensive, accessible and organized manner necessary for quality assurance and information purposes
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma
- Corporate development and fundraising experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, and experience with databases, and web based tools
- Experience with donor communications
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and to multi-task
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates high level of initiative and works well with minimal supervision
- Proactive and persistent when required
- Superior skills in writing including grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Problem solving – identifies and thinks through all possible solutions
- Ability to perform public speaking roles
- Bilingualism is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until December 22, 2017.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.