Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: CEO- Newfoundland
Location: Mount Pearl, NL
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of a small but effective team, who can keep us organized and who can make strong, genuine connections with our internal and external stakeholders. This is a key role in supporting the CEO, the Board and assisting in the recognition/stewardship strategies for our donors and sponsors. As the Administrative Assistant you will be responsible for the administration and record keeping/data management of the Major Gifts, Annual Giving, Planned Giving, and Corporate Partnerships.
• This role is responsible for organizational and administrative functions (correspondence, out-going donor receipting, brochures, pamphlets, support documents, telephone calls, endowment files and specific program files, calendar management including scheduling meetings/appointments and coordinating schedules ) ensuring the efficient operation and cohesiveness of the CEO’s office. This position is the first point of contact for the department, conveying information and assessing priorities on sensitive and confidential matters related to Leadership Giving and the Foundation.
• Assisting the CEO to effectively manage prospective donors and current donors and maintaining data in a current moves management tracking system (eg. OneCRM and Sales Force)
• Liaising with various internal and external stakeholders, providing proactive support with regards to preparing and delivering appropriate information, documentation and assistance. Ensuring the exchange of reports, correspondence and any other relative information required in order to support effective inter-departmental and cross Foundational meetings and appointments.
• Responding to requests, emails Supporting Major Gifts, Corporate Partnerships and Annual and Planned Giving
Relevant education at a post-secondary college or career training program
Experience and Skills
• At least two or more years’ experience in a not-for-profit fundraising environment an asset.
• Demonstrated success and experience in customer service and administrative support.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to utilize databases i.e. Raisers Edge and Sales Force produce and analyze reports as required. Knowledge and experience with OneCRM / Sales Force Databases or similar would be an asset.
• Ability to have effective, positive interactions with prospective donors and current donors.
• Excellent facilitation skills and creativity in document presentation.
• Ability to work to and meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21, 2019. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.