Reports to: Community Development Coordinator
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Kelowna, BC
Status: Temporary; Part-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation is hiring part-time telerecruiters for our Okanagan/Kootenay office to call residential areas to recruit new volunteers to canvass in February for the Heart & Stroke Canvass. You will act as an ambassador for the Foundation, encouraging potential canvassers to join the campaign and raise money for life-saving research.
You are a positive, persuasive communicator able to build rapport quickly over the phone with excellent English communication skills. You are results-oriented, motivated by achieving and exceeding goals. You are ready to challenge your skills in a role that really makes a difference!
- Joining a great team
- Training and script provided
- A part-time job that can work around your work or school schedule
- Build resume experience that highlights both HR and sales skills
- Representing a well-respected brand
- Doing a job that really MAKES A DIFFERENCE
- 1 year related experience (preferably in the sales or marketing area or in a call or sales center)
- Non-profit experience would be an asset
- High School Diploma
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the talent for communicating clearly, simply, and concisely in a mature and professional manner
- Comfort with cold-calling
- Ability to work with computers and computer databases(proficiency in Excel)
- Flexible/adaptable, able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
- September to mid-December 2017, January 2018
- 16 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday (5:00pm – 9:00pm), and possibility of some weekend shifts
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume to Andrea Kirkham at email@example.com immediately. Please include “Telerecruiter” and your first and last name in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca