Position: Fundraising Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Regional Director, BC
Status: Full-Time, permanent
Location: Prince George Area Office
When the employees of the Heart and Stroke Foundation put their hearts into it — they get real results that change lives. We are a volunteer based, health charity dedicated to fighting cardiovascular disease and stroke. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke through risk factor awareness and by promoting healthy lifestyles. Our vision is Healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke. Together we will make it happen. We are united by five core values: Passion for Health, Embracing Diversity, Being Extraordinary Together, Learning Every Day, and Making a Difference.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the permanent, full-time role of Fundraising Area Manager in the Prince George Area Office. The Fundraising Area Manager reports to the Regional Director, Community Engagement and provides leadership and direction to the employees in the Prince George region to ensure that business plans are developed and implemented; area goals and objectives are met; and that the Heart and Stroke Foundation has a strong community presence. This position works to promote HSF’s profile and mission.
General Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Fundraising and Community Engagement:
- Meet fundraising goals for the area office including the overall goal and program goals for each key community based fund raising program
- Develop strategies to strengthen business/community relationships to support fundraising opportunities and increasing the community presence.
- Support implementation of new National initiatives
- Ensure the area office develops a strong volunteer structure to support the effective delivery of community activities and resources.
- Provide leadership to various committees
- Recruit, orient, support and develop an appropriate mix of volunteers
Operations, Business Planning and Budget Management
- Lead the development and management of area office implementation plans and financial outlooks and budgets
- Financial budgets and outlook and strategic planning to increase revenue growth through fundraising initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial processes; accountable for projecting revenue, tracking and accounting for expenditures, forecasting for annual budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of annual accounting cycles for a registered charity.
- Lead the development of an effective and high performing area office team, ensuring high standards of delivery, competence and Foundation values are maintained and that individuals are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Business Management, Non-profit Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in fund development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management role supervising employees.
- Previous fund development database experience is considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to effectively manage a demanding schedule and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated people management experience, including coaching, motivating and influencing employees.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret business strategy, goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
If you have these skills, and would like to be part of a great team, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Please include the reference number AM042017PG and your name (first and last) in the email subject, and let us know where you viewed this opportunity in your cover letter. If you do not put the reference number and your name in the email subject, your application may not be received by the correct party. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.