Position: Coordinator, Community Fundraising
Reports to: Manager, Community Fundraising
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Edmonton, AB
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Your success in fundraising and meeting financial targets will help fund breakthroughs and save lives. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you will successfully engage and empower our volunteers to fundraise and build networks within their communities. Your public speaking and communication skills help you inspire others to support Heart & Stroke. You will create plans and execute fundraising programs to meet annual fundraising goals within your designated geographic territory.
Heart & Stroke fundraising teams are physically active, goal-oriented, enthusiastic, and self-motivated. They are the face of the organization in the community. They maintain a relentless focus on driving results in support of our mission. Our teams are passionate, agile, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
At Heart & Stroke, we benefit from a diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and beliefs from across our great country. We celebrate our differences, our rich cultures and heritage and support individuals from all walks of life to achieve a healthy future.
- Proactively engage with community members to maintain established relationships and to acquire new participation, sponsorship, donations, etc. to maximize opportunities for partnerships and revenue growth
- Monitor program statistics, analyze the results, and proactively plan next steps to positively influence fundraising results and relationships
- Attend and actively participate in local networking, community and health-related events to enhance Heart & Stroke community presence
- Lead cultivation and stewardship activities for all supporters to ensure continued growth and success of fundraising initiatives and campaigns, which may include Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, Person to Person Canvass, and/or My Own Fundraiser
- Is physically active, and able to lift and carry material up to 30 pounds
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and has access to own vehicle
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Proven success in sales/fundraising and in meeting goals/targets
- Has strong computer skills and experience working with a CRM database and online fundraising platforms
Apply today at email@example.com
Be sure to include the reference number CCF92018EDM and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it.
Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Learn more at www.heartandstroke.ca