Overview of the role:
Volunteers are the heart of the Foundation.
Every volunteer is a valued and essential partner in achieving Heart & Stroke’s vision of the healthy lives free of heart and disease and stroke. Our community offers a welcoming and fulfilling environment for volunteers to contribute their time and talents. We welcome diversity in all its manifestations. It is important for us to reflect the communities we serve. Diversity strengthens our performance and improves our ability to deliver more impact.
This role supports the Donor Services team with various tasks related to customer service and donor stewardship.
Currently virtual, with the opportunity to volunteer in the Toronto Office (2300 Yonge Street) beginning in April
Some activities associated with this role include:
- validating data within various programs
- providing gift processing support
- managing and responding to email inquiries from donors
- issuing tax receipts
- auditing call centre responses on an as-needed basis
- strong organizational skills
- familiarity with Office 365, including MS Teams, Word, and PowerPoint
- ability to work independently
- bilingual in French and English an asset
What you’ll gain during this experience:
- stronger connection to Heart & Stroke
- hands on data-entry/office experience, suitable for sharing on your resume
- Flexible, but ideally 15 hours per week: 2-3 shifts per week,.
- Shifts will occur between the hours of 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday- Friday.
- This position is a 6-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email Genesis Lecompte with a copy of your resume and the completed Candidate Information Sheet.