Overview of the role:
We are looking for volunteers to support on Event Day for the Heart & Stroke Gala.
JW Marriott Parq Vancouver (36 Smithe St, Vancouver, BC V6B 0R3)
Some activities associated with this role include:
- Check guests in upon arrival
- Process donations and/or payments (you will have a partner for any money handling functions)
- Solicit donations (pre-event)
- Assist in spotting/tracking paddles raised during LIVE Auction and Fund a Need
- Sell tickets and assist guests during silent auction & at raffle table
- Provide excellent donor service / customer care to ensure an amazing participant experience
- Document feedback (both positive and constructive) and, where necessary, escalate inquiries to employee partner(s)
- Experience working with Givergy (fundraising technology) an asset.
- Basic understanding of fundraising events an asset.
- Database management (if processing donations or payments).
- Excellent customer service skills & experience, solutions-focused.
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to learn and gain new experiences!
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently and as a team!
What you’ll gain during this experience:
- Stronger connection to Heart & Stroke
- Hands on experience, suitable for sharing on your resume or CV
- Expand your network and connections
- Gala fundraising event experience
- Opportunities for additional professional development experiences may be available
1 Hour of Training + 7.5 Hour shift on Friday, June 10, 2022 (4pm-11:30pm)