6 servings / 15 min
Prep: 15 min
- 1 small head radicchio (about 12 oz/375 g or approximately 9 cups)
- 2 Belgian endives, trimmed (about 8 oz/227 g)
- 2 navel oranges, peeled, sliced, or chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crumbled light feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped black olives (optional)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
- Cut radicchio in half and cut out hard inner core. Tear leaves into bite size pieces and place decoratively onto large serving platter. Repeat with endives and sprinkle over radicchio. Top with oranges and sprinkle with feta and olives, if using. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, lemon juice, parsley, and oregano. Drizzle over salad before serving.
Make-ahead: Radicchio and endive can be prepared the night before on the platter; cover well and refrigerate. Dressing can also be made the night before and refrigerated.
Tip: To add a contrast of colour to the salad look for different varieties of oranges such as Cara Cara which are a brighter almost red interior colour.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)*
- Calories 130
- Protein 4 g
- Total fat 6 g
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Trans fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Carbohydrates 13 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Sugars 6 g
- Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 230 mg
- Potassium 350 mg
*Does not include black olives