6 servings / 45 minutes
Prep 20 min / Cook 25 min
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried sage leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) cranberry sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water or sodium reduced turkey or vegetable broth
Herb biscuit topping:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme leaves or Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) skim milk,
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook celery, onion, sage and pepper for about 5 minutes or until softened. Scrape into a bowl and stir in turkey, cranberry sauce and water until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a sprayed 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish; set aside.
- Herb biscuit topping: In a bowl, whisk together the 2 types of flour, cheese, parsley, baking powder and thyme leaves. In a small bowl, whisk together milk and oil; stir into flour mixture until combined. Using a spoon dollop 6 spoonsful of the dough on top of turkey mixture and spread slightly.
- Bake in preheated 375 F (190 C) oven for about 20 minutes or until top is golden and filling is bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
Tip: No leftover turkey? Substitute leftover roast chicken.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 290
- Protein 34 g
- Total fat 11 g
- Saturated fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 37 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Sugars 14 g
- Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 230 mg
- Potassium 660 mg