Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada is inviting applications/nominations for its National Board.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation is the largest private funder of heart disease and stroke research in Canada. A volunteer-based health charity, the Heart and Stroke Foundation is a national, unified organization with a 60-year track record as one of Canada’s leading charities. The Foundation aims to build healthier hearts and minds across Canada by advancing research and its application, promoting healthy living, and by bringing life-saving knowledge to the communities we serve through our local area offices and the healthcare providers we support with education and resources.
We have the passion and courage to explore, through scientific excellence and innovation, ways to protect the health of all Canadians – old and young – in communities across Canada.
For further information, please visit www.heartandstroke.ca
To complement the existing expertise, diversity and range of experience on the National Board, we are seeking new members with a variety of skill sets, including individuals who:
- Are strong leaders in an area of expertise which could add value to a health charity board (ex: technology and digital media, risk management, strategic performance, public health policy, physician in a related field, human resources, etc.)
- Have strong philanthropy / fund development experience
- Have an in-depth understanding and experience managing strategic direction, financial performance, and risk management needs of an organization
- Have high ethical standards and an abundance of integrity
- Demonstrate leadership, drive, strategic thinking and a governance focused approach to Board responsibilities
- Are strong collaborators and prepared to work in a team setting
- Are ready and willing to commit time and energy to support the Heart and Stroke
- Are able to represent communities across Canada
- Are committed to Heart and Stroke’s cause and mission and have a strong desire to make an impact and effect change
How to Apply
Submit a covering letter expressing your interest and bio/resume to:
Governance and Legal Support Specialist | Heart and Stroke Foundation
Application deadline is August 15, 2019.