Overview of the role:
Heart & Stroke, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As a Heart Month Relationship Volunteer, you will build and strengthen relationships over the phone with existing volunteers to thank them for donated time, support and encourage fundraising, and increase online platform engagement and event attendance. This role supports the Heart Month Campaign for Heart & Stroke. To learn more about Heart Month, please visit www.heartandstroke.ca/help
Some activities associated with this role include:
- Using provided scripts and resources to complete thank you calls in a professional manner to support volunteer retention.
- Effectively collect and enter relevant data from calls.
- Represent Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicate the foundation’s messaging accurately.
- Understand and follow Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken French.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and email; willingness to learn and develop database skills.
- Able to follow written and spoken French instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
- Ability to communicate in English and/or other non-French languages is an asset.
5-10 hours/ week: phone calls to supporters must occur between 10am-8pm.
Shifts are flexible and will be determined in conjunction with the employee partner.
Volunteers may choose to exceed 10 hours of work per week.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Your local Area Office
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Benefits and Competencies developed:
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities for cross-training with other volunteer roles at Heart & Stroke.
Orientation and training:
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff partner.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff partner.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please send resume and cover letter to Marie Hélène Fortier at Mariehelene.email@example.com and include your city/town to be directed to your local Area Office.