Make a difference by providing customer service and administrative support.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Area Office Customer Service Volunteer, you will provide customer service and administrative support to the Toronto office.
- Making thank you calls and solicitation calls to donors.
- Constituent data entry into Salesforce.
- Preparation of recognition and stewardship materials to supporters (e.g. thank you cards, information packages).
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1300
Toronto, ON M4P 1E4
Nearest Transit Stop: Yonge Street at Eglinton Avenue
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
18 hours per week: 3 shifts per week, 6 hours per shift
Shifts will occur between the hours of 10am-4pm, Monday- Friday.
Volunteers may choose to exceed 18 hours of work per week.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Professional or educational experience in Administration, Customer Service, or another relevant area.
- Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken English.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and data management systems.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
- Ability to communicate in non-English languages is an asset.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities for cross-training for the Area Office Administrative Volunteer role.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Email your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org