The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As a Ride for Heart VIP Stewardship Volunteer, you will support our VIP fundraisers, who raise nearly half of the Ride for Heart $6-million revenue.
You will be on the front line, offering participants support and encouragement throughout the campaign.
- Complete customer service phone calls to thank and motivate VIP participants
- Use scripts and materials provided to support participants in their fundraising
- Build relationships with VIPs that will re-engage them with the Heart & Stroke’s mission
- Escalate any unresolved issues to Ride for Heart staff.
This is a remote volunteer position (i.e. volunteer-from home).
Required training and check-in meetings with your staff supervisor will be conducted at: 1300- 2300 Yonge Street M4P 1E4
Nearest Transit Stop: Yonge Street at Eglinton Avenue
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
2-4 hours per week
Minimum 6 month commitment (January – June)
As a Volunteer in this Role, You will need the following:
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Highly energetic with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Proven success in making outbound solicitation or customer service phone calls, through volunteer or professional experience.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, email, and internet browsers.
- Access to a computer, internet connection, and phone line that can be used for this remote volunteer role.
- Experience in sales, customer service, or fundraising is an asset.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Hands-on experience in a large fundraising event with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to gain experience in customer service and relationship-building with key stakeholders and high profile participants.
- Opportunities for experience with non-profit communications and fundraising.
- Opportunities to execute stewardship strategies in the non-profit sector.
- Evidence of impact in your community.
The volunteer will be required to sign the standard Code of Conduct agreement.
Please email your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org