As a Planning, Evaluation and Strategic Initiative Volunteer, you will support the National Mission team in the development of an internal researcher database, provide knowledge translation and data entry support.
This is an ideal volunteer role for undergraduate students in Health Sciences, Biology, Nursing, Pre-Medicine and other relevant programs.
Some activities associated with this role include:
- With guidance from the employee partner, assist with the development and enhancement of the researcher database.
- Input data into the database from varied sources across the organization.
- Work with staff in multiple departments to source data for the database.
- Use critical analysis to categorize data points.
- Support administrative functions for the Mission team.
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1300
Toronto, ON M4P 1E4
Nearest Transit Stop: Yonge Street at Eglinton Avenue
8-10 hours per week for a minimum of 2 months, with possibility for renewal. Volunteer may choose to exceed 10 hours of work per week.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- A strong understanding of medical and/or biological sciences through a combination of academic, professional and volunteer experiences.
- Strong understanding of medical terminology and writing.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word. SharePoint experience is an Asset.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community and across Canada.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of volunteer service hours upon request.
To apply, please email your professional resume and cover letter to Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.