Make a difference by providing administrative and financial support.
As an Area Office Administrative Volunteer, you will provide administrative and financial support to the Ottawa office.
- Constituent data entry into Salesforce.
- Tax receipt data management.
- Reconciliation of donations with cash logs and tax receipts.
- Preparation of cash logs.
1525 Carling Avenue, Suite 110
Ottawa, ON K1Z 8R9
Nearest Transit Stop: Carling Avenue at Saigon Court
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
8-15 hours per week: 2-3 shifts per week, 4-5 hours per shift
Shifts will occur between the hours of 8:30am-5pm, Monday- Friday.
Volunteers may choose to exceed 15 hours of work per week.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school; age 18+.
- Professional or educational experience in Administration, Business, Accounting, or another relevant area.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and data management systems.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities for cross-training for the Area Office Customer Service Volunteer role.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Successful candidates will be asked to:
- Review and follow Cash Handling Best Practices document.
- Review, sign, and follow IT Usage Agreement.
- Review, sign, and follow Heart & Stroke Code of Conduct.
Please send your professional resume and cover letter to Jessica.email@example.com