Administrative and Logistic Support to the Public Affairs Team
Overview of the role:
As a volunteer in this role, you will provide administrative support to the Ontario Public Affairs Team. You will help with a variety of tasks to support the day to day operations of the team and the planning of the Lobby Day 2019.
Some activities associated with this role:
• Providing administrative support with ongoing MPP meetings scheduling such as tracking, follow up calls, and responding to enquires by email and phone using templates and standardized messaging.
• Preparing meeting packages and gift bags
• Providing other logistic support leading up to the Lobby Day
Location: Toronto Office (2300 Yonge St, 13th floor, Toronto, ON, M4P 1E4)
Time Commitment: Flexible, but ideally 4-8 hours per week from mid-January to March 2019. Full day on March 4 & 5 to assist the Lobby Day 2019. Shifts will occur between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
• Detail oriented, organized, and focused
• Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with web browsers, MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
• Exceptional communications skills and an excellent command of spoken and written English.
• Ability to problem solve and adapt in different situations
• Administrative experience is a strong asset
What you’ll get from the experience:
• Opportunities to develop and expand your professional skills.
• Exposure to government relations and it’s administrative aspect
• Opportunity to expand knowledge and skills in administrative support
Orientation and training:
• Information on Heart and Stroke mission and vision
• Orientation to the office, team, and the position
• Ongoing support provided
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Volunteers are the heart of the Foundation.
Every volunteer is a valued and essential partner in achieving Heart & Stroke’s vision of healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke. Our community offers a welcoming and fulfilling environment for volunteers to contribute their time and talents. We welcome diversity in all of its manifestations. It is important for us to reflect the communities we serve. Diversity strengthens our performance and improves our ability to deliver more impact.