The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Area Office Administrative Volunteer, you will provide customer service and administrative support to the Niagara office.
- Reception desk management: transferring incoming calls to the appropriate staff member and welcoming guests.
- Making thank you calls and solicitation calls to donors.
- Constituent data entry into Salesforce.
- Preparation of recognition and stewardship materials to supporters (e.g. thank you cards, information packages).
300 Buting Road, Unit 3
St Catherines, ON L2M 7X3
Nearest Transit Stop: Bunting Road at Ridgeview Avenue
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
8 hours per week: 2 shifts per week, 4 hours per shift
Shifts will occur between the hours of 10am-4pm, Monday- Friday.
Volunteers may choose to exceed 8 hours of work per week.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Professional or educational experience in Administration, Customer Service, or another relevant area.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and data management systems.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
- Ability to communicate in non-English languages is an asset.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- As a volunteer, you will be provided with:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities for cross-training for the Area Office Administrative Volunteer role.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please email your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org