The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Online Coach Volunteer, you will support Heart & Stroke volunteers and donors with online platform engagement through troubleshooting technical issues by phone, by email, and in person. This is an ideal role for individuals pursuing a career in Information Technology.
- Provide comprehensive answers to volunteers by phone, by email, and in-person, regarding online account setup, collection of donations, and communicating online with supporters.
- Troubleshoot technical issues that supporters encounter on Heart & Stroke’s online fundraising platforms and identify to staff as necessary.
- Represent Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicate the foundation’s messaging accurately.
- Understand and follow Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
2-1373 Victoria Street North
Kitchener, ON N2B 3R6
Nearest Transit Stop: Victoria Street at Matthew Street
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs
Minimum 4 hours per week.
Scheduling and shifts will be determined with your staff supervisor.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken English.
- Exceptional proficiency with computers (PC environment), especially on email, website navigation, and MS Office Suite.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Able to follow written and spoken instructions accurately.
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset.
- Professional or educational experience in Administration, Information Technology Support, Customer Service, or another relevant area is an asset.
What you’ll get from the experience:
As a volunteer, you will be provided with:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
- Role-specific training and detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- Regular check-in conversations with your Supervisor.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please email your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org