The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Area Office Customer Service and Relationship Support Volunteer, you will build and strengthen relationships with existing Heart & Stroke volunteers and donors to thank them, support and encourage fundraising, and increase online platform engagement and event attendance.
You will also research new relationship opportunities and direct leads to the appropriate employee.
• Complete stewardship, invitation and thank you calls in a professional manner.
• Effectively collect and enter relevant data from calls.
• Respond to email communications from Heart & Stroke supporters in a professional manner.
• Recieve and direct inbound calls.
• Greet and support guests, couriers, and donors.
• Represent Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicate the foundation’s messaging accurately.
• Understand and follow Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
• Under guidance of your employee partner, complete online research on new relationship opportunities.
• Professional, educational, or volunteer experience in Administration, Data Management, Business, or another relevant area.
• Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken English.
• Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
• Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and data management systems (familiarity with Blackbaud CRM or other Blackbaud products such as Raiser’s Edge is an asset)
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
• Ability to communicate in French and/or other non-English languages is an asset.
1439 Upper Ottawa St #7, Hamilton, ON L8W 3J6
Nearest Transit Stop: Upper Ottawa Street at Turnbridge
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
8-12 hours per week (over 1-2 shifts)
Shifts will occur between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
Shifts are flexible and will be determined in conjunction with your employee partner.
A minimum commitment of three months is required for this role.
Benefits and Competencies developed:
• Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
• Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and employees.
• Evidence of your impact in the local community.
• Opportunities for cross-training with other volunteer roles at Heart & Stroke.
Orientation and training:
• Orientation to the office, team, and position from your employee partner.
• Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
• One-on-one training (where relevant) with employee partner.
• Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please email your professional resume and cover letter to Donna.Bedell@heartandstroke.ca