The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Area Office Administration and Database Support Volunteer, you will provide administrative and database support to the Hamilton Area Office for all community fundraising programs.
• Accurate and efficient constituent data entry into Blackbaud CRM, including: new accounts, stewardship plans, revenue, and vendor information.
• With guidance from your employee partner, investigate duplicate data and complete documentation to merge or scrub files.
• Revenue administration support and preparation of banking documentation using Blackbaud CRM and MS Excel.
• Understand and follow Heart & Stroke’s confidentiality guidelines to protect supporter privacy and personal information.
• Professional, educational, or volunteer experience in Administration, Data Management, Business, or another relevant area.
• Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
• Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and data management systems (familiarity with Blackbaud CRM or other Blackbaud products such as Raiser’s Edge is an asset)
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
• Enjoy repetitive data entry.
1439 Upper Ottawa St #7, Hamilton, ON L8W 3J6
Nearest Transit Stop: Upper Ottawa Street at Turnbridge
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
8-12 hours per week (over 1-2 shifts)
Shifts will occur between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
Shifts are flexible and will be determined in conjunction with your employee partner.
A minimum commitment of three months is required for this role.
Benefits and Competencies developed:
• Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
• Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and employees.
• Evidence of your impact in the local community.
• Opportunities for cross-training with other volunteer roles at Heart & Stroke.
Orientation and training:
• Orientation to the office, team, and position from your employee partner.
• Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
• One-on-one training (where relevant) with employee partner.
• Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please email your professional resume and cover letter to Donna.Bedell@heartandstroke.ca