The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
Heart & Stroke volunteer teams will offer gift wrapping by donation to the public at Yonge-Eglinton Centre and RBC Plaza (200 Bay st) in Toronto from December 8th to December 24th.
In partnership with RioCan, donations received from the gift wrapping will help to support our mission of preventing disease, saving lives and promoting recovery.
- Provide professional and efficient customer service.
- Provide gift wrapping services according to protocols defined during training.
- Arrive to shifts on time and ready to contribute.
Yonge- Eglinton Centre
2300 Yonge Street, Food Court
Toronto, ON M4P 1E4
Nearest Transit Stop: Yonge Street at Eglinton Avenue
200 Bay Street, RBC Plaza
Toronto, ON M5J 2J2
Nearest Transit Stop: Union Station
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Each day Monday - Sunday of the campaign there are three 4.5-hour shifts.
1st shift: 9:30 am - 2 pm
2nd shift: 12:30 pm - 5 pm
3rd shift: 3pm – 8:30pm
Gift Wrapping Volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts (approximately 12 hours total) within the dates of the campaign at either location.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Creative and enjoys wrapping gifts!
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Intermediate fluency in spoken English. Ability to communicate in non-English languages is an asset.
- Proven ability in following instructions and problem solving with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; the ability to multitask.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Due to space limitations, must be physically able to stand continuously for at least four hours.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Volunteer Letter confirming hours contributed for volunteers who donate 12 hours or more.
- Opportunity to gain customer service experience with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Training on gift wrapping service protocols will be provided. (Successful candidates must attend a training session to volunteer.)
Email your professional resume and cover letter to email@example.com