Overview of the role:
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As a Customer Service and Administrative Support Volunteer, you will provide customer service and administrative support to the Community Engagement Central Team. In particular, you will ensure an excellent donor experience through supporting the success of Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, Person-to-Person Canvass, My Own Fundraiser and Matching Gifts programs.
Some activities associated with this role include:
- Email response management using templated responses
- Assisting donors and supporters with website navigation and fundraising communication tools
- Responding to and troubleshooting tax receipt inquiries
- Supporting donors with redirecting funds to specific participants
- Utilizing information from abovementioned email templates to complete phone calls in a professional manner to donors and supporters who require additional support or do not have access to email
- Documenting donor suppression requests in 2-3 separate databases
- General administrative support/data entry
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with web browsers, web forms, MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Patient and accommodating; professional, volunteer, or personal experience with talent to explain investigation results in simplified terms is a strong asset.
- Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Enjoy interaction with other team members.
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset.
Flexible, but ideally 15-20 hours per week: 2-4 shifts per week, 5-6 hours per shift
Shifts will occur between the hours of 8:30am-4:00pm, Monday- Friday.
Volunteers may choose to exceed 20 hours of work per week.
This position is a 3-month term commitment with possibility for renewal.
1525 Carling Ave, Suite 110
Nearest Transit Stop: Between Kirkwood and Churchill.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Benefits and Competencies developed:
- Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Opportunities for cross-training with other volunteer roles at Heart & Stroke.
Orientation and training:
- Orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff partner.
- Detailed written descriptions of tasks.
- One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff partner.
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
Please mail your professional resume and cover letter to