The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As the Craft For Heart Volunteer, you will support event organizers with the execution of a signature fundraising event for Heart & Stroke in Thunder Bay.
The 2018 event will occur on Saturday, February 3.
- Assist participants with craft-making.
- Arrive to shifts on time and ready to contribute.
- Represent Heart & Stroke in a positive light and communicate the Foundation’s messaging accurately.
- Assist event organizers with participant registration, activity setup and cleanup, and serving refreshments.
- Support day-of fundraising activities and distribution of prizes.
- Thank participants for attendance and support of Heart & Stroke.
CLE - Coliseum Building:
425 Northern Ave, Thunder Bay, ON P7C 2V7
Nearest Transit Stop:
Northern Avenue at CLE
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Volunteer candidates must be available for at least one shift on Saturday, February 3:
1st shift: 7am- 12 noon
2nd shift: 12pm-6pm
3rd shift: 6pm-12 midnight
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Available for at least one defined shift on Saturday, February 3.
- Proven ability in following instructions and problem solving with limited supervision.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; the ability to multitask.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Due to the nature of volunteer tasks, candidates must be able to lift up to 10lbs.
What you’ll get from the experience:
- Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
- Evidence of your impact in the local community.
- Refreshments during shift(s).
- Orientation to the venue, team, and position from an event organizer.
Email your professional resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org