The Heart & Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
Activate is a wellness program created by Heart & Stroke to help people manage their blood pressure for a healthier life. The program is free and will help adults eat better, move more and manage stress.
The first phase of the program was launched in March 2018 and recruited 538 participants who are currently enrolled. The second phase will launch in early 2019 and is targeted to recruit 4,100 participants across the GTA.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Strategy, the volunteer will support the Activate team with outreach activities to generate affiliates (e.g. corporations, associations, unions, etc.) for participant recruitment in phase 2.
Some activities associated with this role include:
• Research and prospect potential leads with their contact information
• Reach out to potential leads through cold calls and emails to pitch the collaboration
• Prepare materials for and attend meetings with a senior team member
• Follow up with potential affiliates to manage all questions/ requests to get them on board
• Coordinate with affiliates and Activate Operations team to schedule on-site events and marketing/communication material
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
Nearest Transit Stop: Yonge Street at Eglinton Avenue
12-24 hours/week from mid-February to end of May 2019
Shifts are flexible and will be determined in conjunction with the Activate team.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
• Self-motivated team player with an ability to work towards aggressive targets
• Superior organization and time management skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners
• Experience in customer service, sales or business development is a plus
What you’ll get from the experience:
• Lead generation and consulting
• Marketing & communication execution
• Stakeholder management
• Opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and innovative program
• Exposure to an innovative health program and its impact in the community
• Opportunities to interact with a dynamic team of Heart & Stroke volunteers and employees
To apply, please send an email to Activate@heartandstroke.ca telling us about yourself and why you’re interested.