Are you passionate about health policy and advocacy? Take action by joining our Heart & Stroke’s Ontario Advocate Network.
Advocate volunteers bring our mission to life through active engagement.
Some of the activities associated with this role may include:
• Champion Heart & Stroke advocacy priorities to elected officials and political candidates as agreed on with your employee partner
• Monitor policy positions/ actions by elected officials related to Ontario Mission advocacy priorities
• Share research, feedback, and recommendations to increase Heart & Stroke's impact
• Escalate inquiries to employee partner(s) when required
Remote/ virtual role (access to internet and phone required).
2-4 hours per month, with increased commitments near key events
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
• Fluent in at least English
• Interest in advocacy, community building, and the health of Ontarians and your community
• Strong communications skills: in person, by phone, and by email
• Lived or caregiver experience with heart disease or stroke (i.e. survivor, family) is an asset
What you’ll get from the experience:
• Stronger connection to Heart & Stroke
• Hands on experience, suitable for sharing on your resume or CV
• Be part of Ontario Advocate Network
• Expand your network and connections
Please send an email to email@example.com telling us about yourself and why you’re interested.
Our current advocacy priorities are reducing youth vaping, public access to AEDs and our FAST Signs of Stoke campaign , if you have a connection to any of these priorities, please indicate this in your email.