Location: 2300 Yonge St Suite 1300, Toronto
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week. The amount of time each volunteer dedicates to this volunteer role is determined on an individual basis and can exceed 10 hours per week.
Overview of the role:
Volunteers are the heart of the Foundation. Every volunteer is a valued and essential partner in achieving Heart & Stroke’s vision of healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke. Our community offers a welcoming and fulfilling environment for volunteers to contribute their time and talents. We welcome diversity in all of its manifestations. It is important for us to reflect the communities we serve. Diversity strengthens our performance and improves our ability to deliver more impact.
As a volunteer in this role, you will work across multiple program areas to engage prospective supporters with Heart & Stroke’s work. You bring a strong commitment and dedication to customer care as you will support building Heart & Stroke’s local network of relationships. This role requires a high-level of detail and has a large impact on those who are volunteering or donating in other ways.
Some of the activities associated with this role may include:
• Relationship management through engagement with corporate and community clients, volunteers, students and/or teachers over telephone and email
• With the guidance of your employee partner(s), complete internet research on prospective supporters in your community
• Complete phone calls to motivate individuals and groups to lead or participate in Heart & Stroke programming (e.g. Big Bike, My Own Fundraiser Events, Canvass Campaign, Jump Rope for Heart)
• Develop and maintain relationships with local businesses to secure support and build Heart & Stroke’s reach and reputation in your community
• Connect interested audience members to employee partners for further engagement with Heart & Stroke
• Support employee partner(s) with communications to existing and prospective local supporters
• Exceptional phone manner and an excellent command of spoken English
• Typing proficiency and comfortable with MS Office Suite and internet search engines
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
• Works well independently and as part of a team; self-starter
• Professional demeanor and attitude
• Enthusiastic about the Heart & Stroke mission
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1300 Toronto, ON M4P 1E4
Nearest Transit Stop: Eglinton Station
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Benefits and Competencies:
As a volunteer, you will be provided with:
• Stronger connection to Heart & Stroke
• Hands on experience, suitable for sharing on your resume or CV
• Opportunities to expand your network and connections
• Opportunities for additional professional development experiences may be available
Orientation and training:
• Orientation to the Heart & Stroke mission and vision
• Training on Heart & Stroke policies related to this role
• Ongoing training and support provided
If you are interested in being involved with Heart & Stroke through volunteering, please apply by sending your resume (detailing experience obtained which matches the above requirements) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Relationship Management Support Volunteer – Toronto.