Location: 2300 Yonge St Suite 1300, Toronto
Time Commitment: 18 hours per week: volunteer shifts are 3 days per week, 10am-4pm each day with 1-hour break
Overview of the role
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As an Area Office Administrative Volunteer, you will provide administrative support to the fundraising events in the Toronto Area Office.
Some activites associated with this role include:
• Data entry into Blackbaud CRM.
• Donor support through customer service investigations (by phone, email, CRM).
• Preparation of cash logs and banking documentation, stewardship materials etc.
• Reconciliation of donations with daily cash logs and monthly transaction reports.
As a volunteer in this role, you will need the following qualities
• Professional or educational experience in Administration, Business, Accounting, or another relevant area OR administrative work experience
• Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
• Comfortable on the computer (PC environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, and data management systems.
• Comfortable speaking on the phone in a professional manner
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
• Enjoy interaction with other team members
• Completion of secondary school education is an asset.
• 18 hours per week: volunteer shifts are 3 shifts per work week, 10am-4pm each shift with 1-hour break
• A minimum 3-month commitment with an opportunity for renewal
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1300 Toronto, ON M4P 1E4
Nearest Transit Stop: Eglinton Station
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Benefits and Competencies:
As a volunteer, you will be provided with:
• Opportunities to gain real-world professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
• Opportunities to network with other passionate volunteers and staff members.
• Evidence of your impact in the local community.
• Opportunities for cross-training for Customer Service Volunteer role
• Opportunity to expand knowledge and skill in customer service support
Orientation and training:
• First day orientation to the office, team, and position from your staff supervisor.
• One-on-one training (where relevant) with staff supervisor
• Ongoing training and mentorship.
• Self-training from written process manual
If you are interested in being involved with Heart & Stroke through volunteering, please apply by sending your resume(detailing experience obtained which matches the above requirements) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Office Administrative Volunteer.