Summary of Position: Helping the Heart and Stroke Foundation provide information related to heart disease and stroke across the province. The position requires the delivery of a presentation prepar4ed by the Heart and Stroke Foundation to community groups and workplaces.
Time Commitment: Presentation range from 30-60 minutes plus additional time for preparation
- Ensure you are well oriented to HSF community presentation resources including ongoing updates to material
- Present accurate health promotion information, prepared by the Heart and Stroke Foundation to various community groups and workplaces.
- You must represent the Heart and Stroke Foundation positively and accurately at all times and refrain from conveying personal or medical opinions to audience participants (always refer them to their physician or specialist)
- Answer general health-related questions as per HSF provided materials (any other questions should be referred directly to HSF or the individual’s physician/specialist)
- Accept donations on behalf of HSF and forward to the Foundation’s Halifax office. If a receipt is requested, please capture the mailing info for the donor and the amount of the donation, and a receipt will be issued by the Halifax office.
- Able to present to groups in an articulate and engaging manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to lift up to 25lbs
- Committed to supporting the mission of the Heart and Stroke Foundation
Benefits to Volunteering:
- Meet new people
- Learn more about HSF and its mission
- Increased knowledge on health-related subjects
- Training provided by HSF
Please tell us a bit about yourself. Include your full name, city, phone number and availability. Attach a copy of your current resume and email it to email@example.com