For over 60 years, Heart & Stroke has been dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. Their work has saved thousands of lives and improved the lives of millions of others.
Every volunteer is a valued and essential partner in achieving Heart & Stroke’s vision of healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke. Our community offers a welcoming and fulfilling environment for volunteers to contribute their time and talents.
As a Special Events Volunteer you’ll help ensure Heart & Stroke events go off without a hitch! Events are a key way the Foundation promotes disease prevention, engages with community members, and raises funds. We have both internal events we run as a Foundation as well as external, community-driven events that happen all the time.
All over Vancouver Island
- Date: Ongoing, with varying hours.
- Volunteer schedule will be known in advance
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
- Works well independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and tasks
- Positive attitude and patience
- Some events may require long periods of standing and lifting.
- A chance to participate in fun community events (The Times Colonist 10k walk/run in April, Big Bike in May and June, and many more)
- Meet new and inspiring people
- Develop fresh ideas and sharpen your skills
- Join a dynamic group of volunteers doing important work.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.