Okanagan and Fraser Valley, Surrey and Tri-Cities
Heart disease and stroke take 1 in 3 Canadians before their time. Volunteer in your neighborhood and help Canadians live longer, fuller lives. With volunteers, donations, education and research, we can “Create More Survivors”.This leadership position allows you to work directly with your local Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSF) office and a team of Captains.
- Distribute Canvasser kits and other supplies to the Captains in your area, ensuring that each Captain has everything required•
- Ensure your Captains understand the training documents provided and answer any questions they might have
- Coach Captains on how to utilize the Heart&Stroke Canvass website with their teams
- Collect Canvasser kits from Captains and deliver to your local HSF area office
- Thank Captains for all their hard work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable talking to captains
- Flexible and varies with area
- Join us for Heart Month in February and/or Stroke Month in June
- Training and support provided by area office
- Network with people in your community
- Work with a dynamic, skilled group of dedicated volunteers and staff who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke
Fraser Area (including Fraser Valley, Surrey and Tri-Cities): To volunteer, please complete the application form via this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SS5J5D8 and submit your resume to Susan.Macdonald@heartandstroke.ca with the position title(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Kelowna Area: To volunteer, please complete the application form via this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SR7RLRX and submit your resume to Aleah.Zylyk@heartandstroke.ca with the position title(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Thank you for volunteering your time and talents in the fight against heart disease and stroke.