Our Area Offices deliver a number of our national Community Engagement programs, including Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, Person to Person Canvassing, Special Events, and My Own Fundraisers. As an Area Office Administrative Volunteer, you will help with a variety of tasks, ranging from general clerical duties (photocopying, faxing, mailouts, etc.), data entry, office organization, writing cards, managing office supplies inventory, and much more!
Kelowna Area Office
#4 – 1551 Sutherland Avenue
Days: Monday – Thursday
Times: 9:00am – 4:00pm
* Volunteer shifts are assigned according to individual availability. You may choose to volunteer on a weekly, biweekly, monthly or “as needed” basis. *
- Data Entry into our CRM database
- Tax Receipt Issuing and Data Management
- Reconciling donations and receipts
- Carry out general clerical duties (such as photocopying, faxing, mailing, producing letters, etc.)
- Preparation of materials for revenue tracking and banking documentation
- Assist with other office tasks that might arise
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Punctual and reliable once schedule is set
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+.
- Ability to type 40wpm with few mistakes
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Ability to be productive as part of a team as well as individually.
- Enjoy working with other people in a professional setting.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC Environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, the Internet, and data management.
- Willingness to learn about heart disease and stroke
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Experience in administration in an office setting is an asset.
- Develop or sharpen your transferable professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- An orientation to Heart & Stroke and our role in the community
- A chance to meet new people, and network with a group of inspiring volunteers and staff members.
- One-on-one training (where necessary) with a staff supervisor to ensure fit and success in your role
- Opportunities for cross-training in other available volunteer roles
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.