Our Area Offices deliver a number of our national Community Engagement programs, including Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, Person to Person Canvassing, Special Events, and My Own Fundraisers. As an Area Office Reception and Administration Volunteer, you will help with a variety of administrative and customer service duties in person and on the phone.
Prince George Area Office
1480 7th Avenue
Prince George, BC
Days: Monday – Friday
Office Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm
* Volunteer shifts are assigned according to individual availability. You may choose to volunteer on a weekly, biweekly, monthly or “as needed” basis. *
- Data Entry into our CRM database
- Answering the telephone on a multi-line switchboard in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Helping to provide a positive experience for visitors to the office.
- Take donations and issue tax receipts in person and on the phone.
- Become familiar with our databases and fundraising platforms to assist with online support.
- Tax Receipt Issuing and Data Management
- Reconciling donations and receipts
- Preparation of materials for revenue tracking and banking documentation
- Carry out general clerical duties (such as photocopying, faxing, mailing, producing letters, etc.)
- Assist with other office tasks that might arise
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Punctual and reliable once schedule is set
- Completion of secondary school, age 18+
- Ability to type 40wpm with few mistakes
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused
- Comfortable working with the public in person and making telephone calls
- Ability to be productive as part of a team as well as individually.
- Enjoy working with other people in a professional setting.
- Comfortable on the computer (PC Environment): familiar with MS Excel, MS Word, the Internet, and data management.
- Willingness to learn about heart disease and stroke
- Able to follow written and spoken English instructions accurately.
- Experience in reception, customer service, or administration in an office setting is an asset.
- Develop or sharpen your transferable professional skills with a leading non-profit organization.
- An orientation to Heart & Stroke and our role in the community
- A chance to meet new people, and network with a group of inspiring volunteers and staff members.
- One-on-one training (where necessary) with a staff supervisor to ensure fit and success in your role
- Opportunities for cross-training in other available volunteer roles
- Ongoing training and mentorship.
To apply, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and indicate the role you are applying for in question #6.