Volunteers are the heart of the Foundation.
For over 60 years, Heart & Stroke has been dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. Their work has saved thousands of lives and improved the lives of millions of others.
Every volunteer is a valued and essential partner in achieving Heart & Stroke’s vision of healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke. Our community offers a welcoming and fulfilling environment for volunteers to contribute their time and talents.
As an Office Volunteer you will help with a variety of tasks. Opportunities range from general clerical duties (photocopying, faxing, mailing, etc.), data entry, office organization, telephone contact calling, managing office supplies inventory, and lots more. There is something for everyone!
Location: Victoria and Port Coquitlam
Days: Monday – Thursday
Times: 9:00am – 4:30pm
* Volunteer shifts are assigned according to individual availability. You may choose to volunteer on a weekly, biweekly, monthly or “as needed” basis.
Qualities you’ll need for this role:
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
- Works well independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Positive attitude and patience
What you’ll get from the experience:
A chance to contribute to the Heart & Stroke mission, meet new and inspiring people, develop fresh ideas and sharpen your skills. Most of all, you’ll join a dynamic team of volunteers doing important work.
Vancouver Island Area: To volunteer, please complete the application form via this link and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Thank you for volunteering your time and talents in the fight against heart disease and stroke.