1 serving / 10-15 mins
Prep 5 min / Cook 5-10 min
A London Fog is quickly becoming a favourite at specialty shops thanks to its aromatic Earl Grey tea accented with vanilla. Try this version with a twist of orange zest and turn your own kitchen into a trendy café.
- 1 cup (250 mL) 1% milk
- 1 strip (about 2 x ½-inch/5 x 1 cm) orange zest
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) boiling water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- Orange zest for garnish
- In a microwave-safe measuring cup or in a saucepan, heat milk on medium-high (70%) power in the microwave or over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until steaming.
- In a tall mug, combine orange zest, tea bag and boiling water; pour in half of the hot milk. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- If desired, froth remaining hot milk with a battery-powered frother or whisk attachment on an immersion blender.
- Remove orange zest and tea bag from mug (without squeezing tea bag). Stir in vanilla and pour in remaining hot milk. Garnish with a twist of orange zest or finely grated orange zest and serve immediately.
Use a sharp vegetable peeler to peel strip of orange zest making sure you only peel the orange portion and avoid the white pith, which is bitter. For garnish, use a channel knife to peel a thin strip or use a peeler to cut a wide strip, then cut it into thin strips, or simply use a zester or a fine grater to shave the zest on top of the mug.
You can double or quadruple this recipe for more servings. Just multiply the ingredients and use a large saucepan to heat the milk. If using the microwave, increase the time for heating the milk accordingly.
Nutritional info per serving (1 cup)
- Calories 108
- Protein 8 g
- Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
- Carbohydrates 13 g
Fibre 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 107 mg
- Potassium 375 mg