24 servings / 60-65 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 50-55 min
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Spray 9 x 5-inch (22 x 12.5-cm) loaf pan with canola oil cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together flours, sugars, baking soda and baking powder.
- In medium bowl, whisk together canola oil, yogurt, eggs and vanilla, then whisk in mashed banana to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until wooden skewer inserted into center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Allow to cool, and then transfer bread out of pan onto plate.
Nutritional info per serving (3/4 inch (2 cm) slice)
- Calories 210
- Protein 4 g
- Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
- Carbohydrates 36 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 16 g
Added sugars 8 g
- Sodium 100 mg
- Potassium 178 mg