Position: Office Services Manager (PEI)
Reports to: CEO- Nova Scotia/PEI
Department: Shared Services
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
The Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 125,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a team player who wants a multi-faceted position and who understands that a small office requires all hands on deck. A mature, customer service oriented person who pays attention to detail would do well in this position. The Office Services Manager oversees the day to day office operations, and provides administrative and logistical assistance for our annual giving programs. This includes data entry, data-base reports donor stewardship reports, and assisting off-site with events/related initiatives throughout the year (e.g. manages registration and money). The Manager is also responsible for the logistics of provincial board meetings; including document preparation, notices of meeting, follow up from meetings, recording and distributing minutes and action items.
• Answers the phone and greets clients. Determines their needs and who might be best able to meet their needs.
• Mail/Couriers: collects mail daily from Heart & Stroke’s post office box; opens and distributes mail; posts mail when leaving the office. Prepares packages for mailing. Arranges courier pickups.
• Ensures the front office is neat and welcoming
• Records and replenishes petty cash.
• Provides leadership at special events re: organization of registration
• Accepts payments or donations, provides receipts and directs funds appropriately; records and allocates funds in database.
• Ensures accurate and timely entry, receipting and acknowledgement of donations.
• Data entry (e.g. goals and objectives of events and campaigns) into, and prepares appropriate reports from, Raisers Edge.
• Creates, processes and maintains tax receipts as per Foundation guidelines.
• Provides administrative, logistical support for the implementation of Heart & Stroke fundraising programs. E.g. P2P campaign, fund-raising events.
• Provides donor, volunteer, payment or other information (e.g. addresses, receipt status, giving history, purchases, fees payment, etc.) to other employees on request, as appropriate.
• Manages and maintains the In-Memoriam program, i.e., processes donations, records receipts and distributes acknowledgment cards. Ensures regular communication with local funeral homes, and effective stewardship.
• Distributes Accounts Payable invoices to departments for coding by employees.
• Ensures invoices are paid in a timely manager
• Responds to questions from AP regarding invoices. Makes inquiries to AP on behalf of vendors re: payments.
• Takes an active role in ensuring Heart & Stroke databases are current and well maintained.
• Provides back up to the Resuscitation Support Centre (RSC) for Salesforce database.
• Prepares monthly reports, in coordination with the CEO, for the Provincial Board.
• Uses Raisers Edge to generate reports, record active volunteers, check gifts and assist CEO as requested.
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT
• Maintains Human Resource files and keeps up to date records of employee records including leave accumulation and use
• Provides information and documentation to Managers for new/exiting employees.
• Plans and executes onboarding of new staff
• Works with Regional HR manager on HR priorities for the collective as they relate to PEI
• Relevant education at a college or university level
Experience and Skills
• 2-3 years of office management experience
• Experience in bookkeeping practices and basic accounting principles an asset.
• Experience in database and website management; prior knowledge of fundraising databases is preferred.
• Strong teamwork and collaborative skills, demonstrating a concern for people to promote a positive work environment.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong computer/technical skills and experience using Word, Excel, Outlook and a variety of d-bases.
• Self-motivated and proactive in addressing concerns, issues and improvements.
• Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to compose and prepare memos, reports, and computer presentations, using appropriate and accurate vocabulary and grammar.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Effective and pleasant telephone manner-respectful and professional demeanor.
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work some evenings and weekends.
• Has a vehicle that is available for occasional travel within and out of the province
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until February 23, 2018.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.