Vancouver area and Kamloops
What could be more enjoyable than gathering friends, family and colleagues on the one and only Heart and Stroke Big Bike! Riders on a team solicit pledges and gear up for a great cause riding this 30-seat bike. This wacky, fun event is a great way for companies and organizations to build team spirit and profile in their community. This role contributes to a successful Big Bike campaign through building relationships, inspiring and recruiting prospective team captains.
- Recruit teams to participate in Big Bike events and manage relationships with them
- Encourage pledge and online fundraising
- Assist Big Bike Coordinator with various communications and kickoff presentations
- Act as an additional contact for team captains throughout the Big Bike season
- Provide feedback on successes and challenges of the role
- Comfortable with making cold calls to potential teams
- Superior sales skills and ability to secure team commitments
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Database skills to record team information
- Access to computer at home or available during daytime hours to use office computer
- Personable and outgoing
- Minimum 2 hours per week, during weekdays from March to August
- Training and support will be provided
- Be part of a team that is responsible for the success of the Big Bike program
- Meet new people and support your community
- Work with a dynamic, skilled group of dedicated volunteers and staff who play an important part in raising awareness and eliminating heart disease and stroke
Kamloops Area: To volunteer, please complete the application form via this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SRYDVQ2 and submit your resume to Denise.Jolie@heartandstroke.ca with the position title(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Coastal Vancouver Area: To volunteer, please complete the application form via this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SSXC9H2 and submit your resume to Shanitha.Rifayee@heartandstroke.ca with the position title(s) you are applying for in the subject line.
Thank you for volunteering your time and talents in the fight against heart disease and stroke.