3-4 servings / 40 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 25 min
Leftovers are tasty tucked into a whole wheat pita with lettuce for lunch the next day.
- 10 mL (2 tsp) canola oil
- 1 pkg (375 g/12 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) herbes de provence or Italian herb seasoning
- 1 large sweet potato (450 g/1 lb), peeled and cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) cubes
- 250 mL (1 cup) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) tomato paste
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat and cook chicken, onions, garlic and herbes de provence for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Add potato, broth and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 3)
- Calories: 308
- Protein: 33 g
- Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
- Carbohydrate: 32 g
Fibre: 5 g
Sugar: 11 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 316 mg
- Potassium: 980 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. © Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.