4 servings / 27 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 12 min
Serve with rice or chop into smaller pieces and toss for a new twist on chicken salad.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb (500 g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) mild curry powder or paste
- Pinch cayenne
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl stir together parsley, maple syrup, oil, garlic, curry powder and cayenne. Add chicken and turn to coat evenly; marinate in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- In another bowl, toss zucchini and peppers with oil, mustard and pepper.
- Place chicken and vegetables on greased grill over medium high heat. Close lid and grill for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly charred. Turn over and grill for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Place chicken on cutting board and slice thinly if desired. Serve on top of veggies.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories: 203
- Protein: 27 g
- Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 67 mg
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fibre: 2 g
Sugars: 7 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
- Sodium: 127 mg
- Potassium: 656 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2012.