6 servings / 30 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 15 min
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange zest
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil, to divide
- 1 lb (500 g) trimmed, boneless sirloin beef, cut into 1/4 - inch (0.6 cm) strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar snap peas
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked rice
- In small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch and orange zest. Set aside.
- Peel oranges. Cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) slices and then halve the slices. Set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Quickly toss beef with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch. Working in batches, brown beef on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, peppers, snap peas and red pepper flakes to pan. Cook while stirring, about 4-5 minutes. Add orange juice and soy sauce mixture, and beef to pan. Heat through. Gently stir in oranges. Serve hot with rice.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 250
- Protein 14 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
- Carbohydrates 33 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 7 g
Added sugars 1 g
- Sodium 330 mg
- Potassium 434 mg