16 servings / 6 min
Prep 5 min / Cook 1 min
Get kids to help create small skewers of fruit to have with the chocolate sauce. Either drizzle the sauce over the fruit, or put out small bowls for the kids to dip into.
- 8 fresh strawberries, halved
- 20 large fresh raspberries or blueberries
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 8 pieces each
- Dark chocolate dipping sauce:
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) 1% milk
- 125 g (4 oz) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) vanilla
- Pierce fruit onto small skewers alternating fruit.
- In small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until steaming. Whisk in chocolate and vanilla until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Serve with fruit.
Tip: To keep chocolate sauce warm pour it into a fondue pot over a very low flame. Refrigerate any leftovers and rewarm in microwave to serve. Substitute other fruit in season such as chopped pitted peaches, nectarines and plums.
Nutritional info per serving (1 skewer with 10 mL/1 tsp of sauce)
- Calories: 59
- Protein: 1 g
- Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbohydrate: 8 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sugars: 5 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Potassium: 107 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.