16 slices / 55 min
Prep 15 min / Bake 40 min
Springtime is a perfect time to celebrate mothers and this loaf is a wonderful gift to share with your favourite lady.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) all purpose flour with added fibre
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) almond flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) poppy seeds (optional)
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Orange slices (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg, orange zest and almond extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together flours, poppy seeds, if using, baking powder and soda. Alternately with yogurt, stir in 3 additions of flour and 2 of yogurt until combined. (Batter will be thick)
- Spoon batter into parchment paper lined loaf pan and smooth top. Bake in 350° F (180° C) oven for about 40 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and dust with icing sugar if desired. Serve with orange slices, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1 slice)
- Calories 120
- Protein 4 g
- Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 0.5 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
- Carbohydrates 12 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 5 g
Added sugars 4 g
- Sodium 70 mg
- Potassium 65 mg